Thursday, October 5, 2006

Ye shall know the tooth...

Haha, lame, right? Was telling Huanyan about my toothache, and it turned into a crazy session of dreadful puns, Whose-Line-Is-It-Anyway style... truth and tooth.

"You shall know the tooth, and the tooth shall set you free."

"Speak the tooth in love!"

"You want the tooth? You can't handle the tooth!" - apologies to "A Few Good Men"!

"C'mon bro, face the tooth!"

"I have to tell you the tooth, even though it will hurt..."

Finally, I should have told HY this one...
"Do you solemnly swear to tell the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth?"

Toothly, the truth never was so painful! ;D

*******
Oh, btw about the truthache... oops, I mean, toothache, finally I realised just exactly what was wrong with my tooth that has been causing me pain on and off for a year or so.

It doesn't seem like it's my wisdom tooth after all, but my regular molar. Because was flossing my teeth just now, when I saw a small fissure in my molar, just in front of my wisdom tooth. I realised that the fissure was actually quite substantial - to the point where I could floss it inside...

At that point, I realised why my tooth ached so much. Because sometimes food will get trapped in that small fissure, and I'll have to use a toothpick. And sometimes it can be real agony - was praying to God to heal my toothache... somehow, after pulling my cheek - don't ask me why! - the pain subsided a lot. Wow, thank God... even though I don't understand why pulling my cheek would help to relieve the pain. But heck care that time... when your tooth is aching like mad, you'll literally do almost anything...

Well, except go to the dentist. :P

I'm not exactly looking forward to a Star Wars Imperial Dental Torture Droid probing my teeth... I've heard more stories about bloody wisdom tooth extractions (complete with screaming drills) than I ever wanted to hear.

Think the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was scary? Just listen to a wisdom-tooth extraction story, coming to a dental clinc near you. LOL.

Anyway, back to the point. So finally, realised that it's not so much my wisdom tooth, rather than a damaged molar with a tiny crack the size of the Grand Canyon.

Over dinner today, Eugene recommended his Dentistry friend to me for a cheaper tooth extraction.

"Er... which year?"

"Year 2."

Wah. I was thinking at least a Year 4 student would be nicer...

So there you have it. Time to go to the dentist... sooner or later. :P Anyway, it's a relief of sorts to know exactly which tooth is aching and WHY it aches, even though the pain is still there. Somehow, knowing what causes the pain seems to make it more bearable.

No comments: