Friday, October 20, 2006

Media on Campus? The Media Roundtable?

Personally, feel increasingly burdened to do something for God in the media industries... I keep telling God, "I really don't know where to start, but please help me and show me..."

Feel really very small, because I'm like, only one guy - oh, beside my shepherd - who has this crazy vision of wanting to make an impact for the Kingdom of God in the sphere of media in the world. Then feel encouraged, because I'm reminded of David versus Goliath. :)

So, was thinking in the shower, after reading in today's Life! newspaper about artists taking artistic license with historical facts, and the AIDS advertisements that I saw in NUS today. And what I read in the news about tertiary students actively responding to StompAids' challenge and produced various media and set up publicity booths and events to promote AIDS awareness.

And I'm thinking, how can my own campus ministry help more, to be salt and light in the campus? Of course, I know that sharing the gospel with them will ultimately save not only their souls, but also their physical lives too. Still, personally, I think we can really do so much more for Christ in this area - to speak out louder on campus for causes that are good - not only from the Christian's viewpoint, but also from other people's perspectives too.

So have come up with a basic plan already to develop the NUS MM ministry... will ask Clara about it for her feedback and advice. Think I'll send to Peter too for his advice.

Pray for me yeah? :) We're all in this together - whether it's pastoral or support ministry - we are serving the same Lord Jesus Christ in this battlefield together. Yes and Amen! We are fighting not for victory, but FROM VICTORY!
NUS100... you are with me?

No comments: