Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sharing IS important to build up closeness. Really. Like how Huanyan and I crack lame jokes a LOT of times, but there are times when I just need someone to rant to and just pour out my thoughts and heart to, and he's there just to listen. That's something I really appreciate.

And when we spur one another on towards godliness, reminding each other to strive up to Christ's standards for our lives.

Think one moment I especially treasure in my memory is when I asked Huanyan a month ago to keep me accountable regarding something personal in my life. Think it was a leap of trust - I was wondering whether he was able to understand and accept me for this... but again then, if you want to grow closer in relationships, you have to take risks from time to time, yeah?

*******
Was chatting with Flince just now. It was a great time of sharing. Somehow felt closer to him after that. Could it be one of those times when God suddenly makes a surprise visit? Because I realised why I type so long sometimes. Partly because I'm not comfortable wif speaking straightforwardly, so i write in a very round-about sort of way.

Flince reminded me that he's the kind of person whom you can be straightforward with. I said, thank God He put us together, because being straightforward is something that I struggle with.

So perhaps this blog shall take a new turn in my walk with God... to overcome my timidity and learn to be more straightforward, and more precise. To be confident, courageous and completely His.

I remember Pastor Ben saying before, "Mean what you say, and say what you mean!"

And yes, I do mean what I say - sincerity's one strength God has given me - but very often, I find it hard to say what I mean.

A shorter and more straightforward blog? Hope so... because that way, I think it'll be more edifying for people. People have said it's very long. Scary even. Haha. Yeah, that's me, I'm a "testimony monster". Think last time I would have been quite affected to hear that kind of thing, but now I'm quite secure here, having accepted this as part of the Yeu Ann that I am. And by the grace of God, I shall become more and more like Jesus each new day as I walk in His love.

No comments: