Monday, October 9, 2006

WAH. I really feel quite...

Thank You Lord for the 2 corrections that I got today, even though I felt very paiseh. I keep repeating the same kind of mistakes.

Both are in the area of social appropriateness.

This is something that I really wish, to be honest, I didn't have to struggle with so much. The things that I do sometimes really are very inappropriate and may make pple feel quite weird or uncomfortable.

God, I wonder why I'm like that? Please help me grow... I think it's through these corrections that I learn to grow. But I do need to train and force myself to double-think how others will feel. It just doesn't come naturally to me.

But as always, I remember I have been praying that You will help me grow in social maturity, and these corrections are part and parcel of Your discipline, of how You are answering my prayers. Still so much to learn, still so much to grow in.

Thank You for the grace that You show me when I really make a fool of myself. That it's brothers and sisters who are the ones pointing out my idiocies, and as a result of that, I find myself reaping the benefits socially when it comes to relating with those outside the church. Thank You for showing me my weaknesses, and most of all, Your incredible patience with me. I'm really very slow to learn, but I know You will teach and mature me. Thank You Daddy.

No comments: