Friday, October 27, 2006

To love a lover, to love the Lover

Had a great time of dinner wif Yuantao and QP and Joyce joined us later too. :D Very fun and heartwarming sharing! :D
*******
Just some personal thoughts about I tend to behave and think when I like a sister -> and how I can apply this to my relationship wif God.

Some things that I observed about myself:
1. I tend to want to seize every possible moment to be with her, no matter how little.
2. I tend to treasure every little act she does, and every word that she says.
3. I tend to think of her a lot, every waking moment.

And the result of doing all these is that I start growing in fondness and affection for the sister that I like.

Then somewhere along the way this year, it struck me, why not translate all these points towards your relationship with God?

I think this post sounds awfully abstract, but if you've ever been in love with a girl, just remember that the greatest love between two lovers is but a shattered visage of what it means to love God.

But there's an important difference too. This came to mind as I was typing this: If we claim to love God, we must love His people too. For if you don't love those whom you can see, how can you love God whom you can't see?

Food for thought... to put into practice.

No comments: