Monday, October 23, 2006

Facing Fear in the Classroom

Found this article very relevant and meaningful! Check it out at http://crosswalk.com/family/parenting/1354332.html

(BTW, this article is specially dedicated to a dear friend whom I challenged on Saturday night to speak up more and not be afraid... :) this is for you too! Hee hee! Hope this encourages you even more...)
"What’s to fear? Plenty. The first thing to fear is a grade. I always wonder if speaking up is going to cost me academically. Does the professor have an appetite for vengeance? How battered do I want my GPA to be? And to be quite honest, and borderline opportunistic, the chances I’m going to change a professor’s mind are probably zero to none, so is it worth the risk?"
Dear Lord! Even though I've only a few more weeks academically, I pray in Jesus' most precious name, help me stick my head out (wisely of course) and be wise as a serpent in speaking up for You, Jesus! For You told us not to be afraid, but to be strong and courageous, to live up to our convictions! Lord You do not want weak 'tofu' Christians who will flee at the first flaming arrow - no, You want men and women of God - soldiers of Christ! Give us a fierce joy, a fierce faith - one with Your wisdom and guidance, so that we don't do stupid things too... 'cos You told us in Scripture not to have zeal without knowledge too! In Jesus' most precious name, amen!

No comments: