Monday, October 16, 2006

"The Word became flesh..."

Tired, doing my programming lab again.

But just took some time to read my Bible, and this verse caught my eye:
"The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us."

It's a simple verse, but very meaningful. Think He reminded me that He became flesh, just like me, and He knows what it's like to be a human - the everydayness of life, the mundane, the standard, the usual...
He made His dwelling among us - ordinary people like you and me.

And He's still here with me even now, in the midst of the brothers and sisters at HQ, at this present moment, when things seem so ordinary.

Isn't He amazing? :)

And oh, on a linguistic note, I think this verse is very sweet and meaningful in another way... I'm working with logical words (programming), and He's the Logos - a Greek word meaning "written word", "reason". Isn't that so appropriate? I'm working with abstract logical words that demand precise reasoning - i.e. programming - and He reminds me that He's the Logos - the Final Word, the Reason beyond all Reasons.

Ok, I think nobody may be able to understand why that particular verse touches me a lot, but He knows me inside out - He knows what can precisely touch my heart and mind. He knows that words of love are especially meaningful to me, and He knows my liking for languages, including Greek. He knows that I connect most with Him through the intellectual realm, and so He touches my heart in such a unique and unusual way. :)

Isn't Jesus so cool? :)

No comments: