Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fellowshipping with God

Was thinking and pacing about, trying to pray. But my heart and mind has been feeling quite blank the past two days after two tiring days - so was wondering what to pray to God about. So asked Him how, what to do?

Then think God put these words in my mind over a short period of time:
"Share your joy with Me."
"Share your life with Me."
"Share your memories with Me."

Yah! That's so true! :) Because after seeing Ceyang coming to know Christ, and the wonderful sermon, and the sweet time of fellowship over dinner, getting to know the NUSB2 bros + sisters better... I was really at a loss how to share to God how I felt yesterday.

Then I remembered this song that we'd just sang during service:
Love divine
Joy unspeakable
Overflowing in my soul
Yes, Lord, that's it!!! :D Joy so great that it really defies description! Joy unspeakable at what You are doing in this NUS ministry! I am seeing with my very own eyes the marvellous things You are doing - after 4 years of barrenness!!!
Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad!
Let the seas resound with a mighty roar!
Let the trees of the forest clap their hands!
Let the earth be filled with the glory of the Lord!
I'm so reminded of that verse You planted in my heart back in 2002, that verse that says, "After this, I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language..."

Wow! :D Praise God indeed! And after just rambling, and sharing my life and memories with Him in the kitchen - that's my favourite place to pray at home - I just really felt so grateful to be in His presence... "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)And I realised that this time was really a sweet time of fellowship with God... wow! :D really amazed... not just fellowshipping with brothers and sisters, but also fellowshipping with Him!

All so often, I worship Him...
all so often, I serve Him...
all so often, I think of Him...
but when was the last time I fellowshipped with Him?
To just share my life, my joys, my sorrows, my memories with Him?
To "come, just as you are, before your God, come!"
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete." (1 John 1:3-4)
Oh, I just read Jitsy's latest blog entry. It's so timely and appropriate... think this is exactly what the Spirit reminded me as I was trying to pray to Him while feeling restless and - shall I say, jittery too? - in my heart just now.

... He loves to see us come to Him, He enjoys it when we talk to Him, when we seek Him. At this point in time, as I read it, the part that strikes me even more is that He will quiet us with His love. How? He delights in us, and not just that, but He will quiet us with His love when we get overexcited, or overanxious. The power of His love to quiet.
Hope it encourages you too, dear friend, whoever you may be. Do take time to pray to God - He welcomes all who simply want to spend time with Him, no matter what their heart conditions may be. :)

*******
Also, another breakthrough testimony: I think God has helped me breakthrough in understanding this person whom I'm scared of better... because I was hurt by this person before. But YF encouraged me not to be scared, but to remember that "perfect love casts out fear." Yup it's so true. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

And somehow, I think God has been changing my heart these past few days. I'm learning to see this person's (let's call this friend S) actions in a new light - to actually start appreciating S more and more - and I think Jesus has very graciously opened my eyes to the possibility that I may have misunderstood a lot of S's actions (due to my previous bad experiences with S)... somehow, He gently draws my attention to the fact that I keep on looking at the bad things in people, but He wants me to see them through His eyes instead. To learn to see people as He sees them.

And I think He helped me make sense of the MACHO discussion today - I was asking Him what was the whole purpose of the discussion, actually... think He helped me see the bigger picture at hand here - "To understand your heart better, to understand other ppl's hearts better and to understand My heart better too. What are the things that makes My heart beat with pleasure as you look for your life partner."

:) Wow, God is really sweet. He's not tame, but He's GOOD. The Lion of Judah - on His fierce mane we sheep rest, our weary souls secure and safe.

He is my everything, He is my all
He is my everything, both great and small
He gave His life for me, made everything new
He is my everything, now how about you?

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good
For He tastes like honey in the rock
Oh taste and see that the Lord is good
For He tastes like honey in the rock
Sweet honey in the rock...

No comments: