Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Love isn't an option.

This thought just came to me as I was trying to do my programming assignment.

"When Christ told us to love our neighbour as ourselves, He did not give us the option to love selectively."

Mother Teresa: "You only love Jesus as much as the person you love the least."

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.... I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' (Matthew 25:40,45)

Was thinking about some other people, actually. But ah, the plank in my eye. So quite solemn when reflecting about it. Then was reminded of this:

"But He will give us the grace and strength to love freely."

It's really reassuring. I think, those who sincerely want to do what is good, even if they feel they really cannot make it - never mind! Because Jesus will help them do what is good - because He understands what it feels like.

Was thinking, after a conversation with a brother yesterday. About how some people, we find it hard to love, but Christ commands us to love them anyway. "But, why? That person is REALLY hard to love!"

Then Christ replies, "Ah, but don't forget - you are just as hard to love. Yet I loved you enough to die for you. Come, think of My love for you. Isn't that enough to move your heart to love your brother, for whom I died too?"

No comments: