Monday, October 23, 2006

Memento?

I have to stop blogging so much... one reason why I've been blogging so much is because I want to record down everything that I've learnt and/or experienced from God... and I'm afraid that I'll forget what He told me or reminded me. Just like that amnesiac guy who tattooed himself to remind himself of important things in the movie "Memento". :P

But all that blogging means that I don't have much time to study or to pray or read the Bible even I think. Because I think so much that I think sometimes I forget to just spend time with Jesus, just sit at His feet, "covered with the dust of the Rabbi". To just enjoy His presence. To let Him take delight in me. To let Him quiet my soul. To listen to His words with my heart.

And it's not been easy doing so, these past few weeks. Expectations from my project groups, my hopes and dreams, last semester... and what I want to do for Jesus as compared to resting in Him. Mary or Martha? Oh Lord, both of them loved You, though Martha let herself get so distracted with serving You that she forgot to welcome You. :) It's good to know that I'm not the only one too. Haha...

Think I need to trust Him to remind me everything that He's taught me... to blog down in my heart... so that I can practise what I have learnt from the Bible... that way I will grow more! :)

Think this verse is very meaningful here...
Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced,;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.

Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.

I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."


Really want Your words, Your law, Your truth, Your promises, the memories of Your faithfulness, Your goodness, Your lovingkindness, Who You are, What I've learnt... all to be inscribed in my heart... so that I will never forget you again. Help me Lord, even when I forget. Help me Jesus, because You know that I WILL forget.

Wow... was reminded of this verse since last night. I just read it... and it really touches my heart a lot.

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

He knows my heart exactly. Be my Radar, be my Guide, Holy Spirit.

"For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death." (Psalm 48:14, KJV)

No comments: