Monday, October 9, 2006

Bird-watching at HQ

One should be at HQ at this time of the day. It's so fascinating to see how two mynahs - I've seen them do this routine for the past 2 or 3 years - keep coming to HQ at 6.30 am precisely. They hop around underneath the benches and look for food to eat.

Isn't it sweet how our heavenly Daddy feeds them each morning? :) There's so much to learn from their simplicity, how they trust their Creator every morning without worrying - childlike chirps of "Good morning, God!" as they hop around. Songs of joy in the morning.

Not like me, who grunts "Why me, God?" every time I have to wake up, as I crawl around. Worried heart in the morning.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Oh, one mynah just hopped onto the top of the bench next to me. I love mynahs. I think they're intelligent and can be quite friendly. :)

Thank You for the birds, Daddy. :) There's so much to learn from their simplicity - what You've created to bring us joy and pleasure.

No comments: