Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Reflection on the scalding experience just now.

I think God wanted to use this experience to make me stop for a while. Pain is a pretty good way of ensuring someone remembers something for a long time.

Think first and foremost, He wanted me to get a good rest. I need it, for my mind's sake too.

Realised that actually a lot of thanksgiving points. Thank God for His mercy that I didn't spill the soup onto my laptop. I would have really cried.

And how my mum came and helped to clean up the mess.

And, well, I don't know what else to make sense of this experience, but I can rest assured that even in this experience, He's working for my good. He showed me just exactly what my spirit was when I reacted.

I was angry towards God, felt quite bitter - why me? And blamed Him for all this trouble.

Oh boy... this really shows just how my heart really is to God. I'm so sorry Jesus. Please forgive me.

Then I remember, He knew that I would have done this all along, even before this happened - and He still accepts and loves me nevertheless.

No comments: