Sunday, October 1, 2006

Waves of Mercy, Waves of Grace

My first real dance performance at HopeKids today. :) It was very fun! Realised that I really love to dance... don't know why, but everytime I see someone dancing gracefully, whether it's exuberant hip-hop or graceful ballet, I really feel like dancing too.

But I draw the line at line-dancing. :P

Oh, btw Guanzhen was also dancing too. :) Fun to be able to serve together with someone from NUS too! :)

So, some dance tips that I learnt and observed from Veron:
(1) Be more physically expressive. E.g. when you shrug, you should exaggerate your motions more. Or when you bend, you bend back more.
(2) Dance with style; that way it'll look more professional.

Personally, really glad that I tried something new, out of my comfort zone, even though I felt really paiseh at first. But think this is how Jesus stretches us... to help us discover potentials that we never realised that we had.

So thankful to God! :D And to my church, for giving me many opportunities to serve and discover the talents and giftings that Daddy has given me... think this is part of what Jesus meant when He said that He came that we may have life, and have it to the full.

Though I may not be the best dancer around - well, even if the only one who likes my dancing is God Himself, I'll dance for Him, because I believe that God made me to dance. And when I dance, I feel His pleasure. :)

Anyway, here's the song that we danced to...

Every Move I Make (Waves of Mercy)
David Ruis

G C D
Every move I make I make in You,
C
You make me move Jesus
G C D C
Every breath I take I breathe in You
G C D
Every step I take I take in You
C
You are my way Jesus
G C D C
Every breath I take I breathe in You
(repeat)

G Am Bm C
Waves of mercy, waves of grace
G Am Bm C G
Everywhere I look I see Your face
G Am Bm C
Your love has captured me
G Am Bm C G
Oh my God this love, how can it be


G C
La-la-la-la-la-la
D C
La-la-la-la-la-la


Waves of mercy, waves of grace
Everywhere I look I see Your face
Your love has captured me
Oh my God this love, how can it be


I really love this part. It's so joyfully exuberant! Somehow it really so expresses how my heart feels towards God, when I think of His mercy and grace to you and me... when I think of all the wonderful things that He has done in the lives of those whom He loves, how can one not dance for joy?! He simply does not treat us as our sins so deserve...

Waves of mercy, waves of grace
Everywhere I look I see Your face
Your love has captured me
Oh my God this love, how can it be?


It really amazes me... then I think of this question, how can I ever thank God for His love so amazing? Then this verse comes to mind: "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." (1 John 4:11-12)

That's the sheer goodness of God... He wants us to exuberantly and lavishly share His love with those around us, as He has so given to us... "Freely you have received, freely give!"

Oh God, I'm so tight-fisted with love, but You are so loose-fisted with yours... help me become more and more generous, just like You are... I want to respond to Ps Jeff's sermon last week! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: