Saturday, October 7, 2006

Chatted wif my shepherd just now. The main reason I'm very happy tt my submission for the ST forum got accepted was because of what he shared wif me some time ago, encouraging me to participate more in the mass media, even if it's something as simple as writing a blog.

Yup, Peter's really been a great inspiration to me - a real blessing from God - as he imparts to me his vision and desire to be salt and light in the area of media. He shared wif me that media is important, because it has a very strong influence on the minds of the pple who watch/listen to it.

I'll add - and particularly in the formative years when the younger people watch such media. I know some ppl - even Christians - whose mindsets have been very strongly influenced by things they read/watch e.g. comics, such that it negatively affects the way they see God and other people, encouraging them to be rebellious and negative. So when they come to know Christ, short of a miracle, it can be very difficult for them to change their mindsets - especially if they've been taught that being rebellious and having an independent spirit (meaning I don't need anyone to help me) is a good thing. Hmm... just my thoughts on that, correct me if you think I'm wrong here... thanks! :)

No comments: