Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Taking care of a younger bro isn't easy. It really isn't. Jesus never promised that it would be easy. But He did say that He would be with me. And yes, He does provide. In fact, He provided me with a very timely resource just now while I was chatting online with him.

God! He's very young... very sweet-spirited, eager to learn... and I'm so unsure about how to help him take the next step. How I really need His wisdom and guidance at this very moment. Jesus, help me out here!

*******
Wow. Not sure how it went. Hope he was encouraged - thank God for the verse that He put in my mind - he said that the verse helped him. =) So glad to hear that! Really want to help him learn to live on God's Word more and more... kinda like 'weaning' him I guess. :)

These old words from an old chum came to mind as I was chatting with him:
It's been two nights of extended MSN conversation with her... fumbling as I try to answer more than what she's asking, hesitating as I try to figure out what it is she wants to know, praying frantically throughout that what I'm sharing is what she needs to help her in this beginning stage.

And all the parts that struck her were the parts that I initially wasn't going to share, but somehow felt the urge to in the end. It wasn't me.


How timely! Yes, I'm glad I'm not alone - Daddy's the one doing the REAL work in his heart, making him grow.

"[Flince and I] planted the seed, [Yufen] watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

No comments: