Thursday, September 28, 2006

Was travelling to school from the meetup with Claramae, and was thinking about the call to make a difference for Christ in the area of media. Frankly, felt that the way ahead was going to be tough, and to assemble and train up a group of volunteers, AND to impart to them the spirit and vision behind serving in MM... to help them see what roles they can play in the bigger picture of the Great Commission...

It all started looking really tough and difficult. To be honest, I was worried about all the struggles, even now, the struggles within my own heart. Not to mention my concerns of finding a job with my limited portfolio, family concerns, etc...

Was also thinking, where is God sometimes? Recently, He seems to be really hard to find at times, and I have to look very hard to find Him, even though I know that He is only a prayer away.

So prayed to God about this. Then this thought came to mind: "Jesus loves me, even through all these hard times." Somehow had this prompting to turn to Romans 8. So I did and just started reading.

Then this passage really spoke to my heart's concerns:
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


These two verses in bold really encouraged me a lot. Think Daddy was encouraging me on, reminding me that nothing can ever separate me from the love of Christ, no matter how difficult the situation may become.

On the contrary, He promises that in ALL these things we are MORE than conquerors through Him who loved us. And so I know that this is the attitude of faith that He wants me to have, to carry in my heart.

I shall memorise this passage tonight.

No comments: