Sunday, September 10, 2006

Thanksgivings!

Thank You Jesus!

You answered my prayer to safeguard the time of prayer with You, tt You'd send angels to jaga the area around me so that my mum wldn't come n disturb me - i really really needed that time of prayer - seeking an audience with You, my King.

And You did! I also prayed that my family wouldn't turn on the TV, even tho i was standing at the window, looking up at the sky, right next to the TV. It really was an open-air prayer haha.

And You did! The TV was not turned on.

You really honoured my request for a personal audience with You, my Lord and my King. And You sent Your mighty angels to guard the area in which I was praying. Truly... You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lord... and You really receive a poor peasant like me... and You call me Your child!

And not just that, after I prayed, You sent me a msg from Shirley asking me how I was. And You, knowing how words touches my heart like nothing else can, sent me an email to encourage me thru another sister.

How deep the Father's love
How vast beyond all measure!


Wow... and not just that, You assured me that You will give me the strength that I need for HopeTots tml... because I really am at the end of my own strength. You know that I have been complaining about how tiring the kids can be...

But now I realise that this really is serving God - not out of my own strength - but to the place of surrender, like Ps Jeff said today during service, the mustard seed of serving God... He wants me to serve Him faithfully... to the point beyond my breaking point, so that He can let me experience what it really is like to be empowered by Him...

To be fully emptied of my own strength, so that He can fully fill me up with His own strength.

And now am listening to this song by Don Moen: "Lead me thru the night." How appropriate, how sweet.

"Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" (Psa 34)

Lord, You really have encouraged, blessed and shown me love in so many ways this week, supporting and showing mercy (yes, I really need MERCY...) for all the times that I've procrastinated and failed...

When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all...


******
And thank You so much also Lord for the service today. I was so encouraged... because I have responded to Your call last year during church camp to make an impact for Your Kingdom in the area of media...

And what Peter shared with me during shepherding, about why he decided not to carry on with his comfortable engineering job even though they offered to renew his contract...

Because he wants to set up a media company to extend the Kingdom of God in the area of media - but not just because it's a passion...

In his own words, "It's more than passion - it's a purpose [to make an impact for God in the area of media] and I have faith in God [that this is possible]."

Ps Jeff's sermon reminded me of Peter's dream - and my own dream too - that though we are very small, and we may not be many - it's ok! because WHEN the mustard seed grows, it becomes the largest of all the garden plants and become a TREE...

Yes and Amen! Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God!

aMeN! Hallelujah!!! :D

No comments: