Friday, September 1, 2006

I'm so sorry dear Jesus. My mum was angry with me over something that she'd thot I'd not done, but the fact is that I did it. So I was right. But my attitude was wrong, and I was rude. Told her bluntly, "I don't care." And I think it really hurt her a lot.

God, I'm so weak in this area of my life. When I'm wrongly accused, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I don't have a sweet spirit in this area. I flare up, because I REALLY hate being falsely accused. So I respond with a vicious and vindictive spirit that spits angry words back, seeking to hurt the one who scolded me.

God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

So how shall I defend myself in this area when I meet this test again? I think one way that I can control myself in this area when I'm scolded - is to remember and recite this verse mentally - over and over again: "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." (James 1:19-20)

I really want to be a good testimony at home... and to be the same at home, as in school, as in church, as in the workplace. I don't want to be a hypocrite.

Have mercy on me, God, a sinner.

No comments: