Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ushering Outing at Bukit Timah Hill

Thank You for the time today at Bukit Timah Hill, Lord. Had a great outing with my dear ushering team - Jia Dai, Minchen, Huanyan, Shunrong, Shihong and Joella. Really heartwarming and funny sharings... wonderful wonderful time! So happy also tat God answered our prayers for a safe time and that no rain too, and oh yes, a breeze 'cos it's awfully hot and stuffy... wow, we were praying together feeling the rain drops on our necks... but as we went uphill, the rain stopped... and wow! a breeze! not just a breeze - it's a refreshing breeze, the type that you can breathe, that has that fresh forest aroma... so sweet! :D

Will put up the photos soon... when Shihong sends me the photos. So glad that she brought along a camera... and really glad to God that her camera batteries didn't run out! PTL!

Hmm... what about the sharings... think it was very touching... I shared about my most memorable ushering experience and about my experiences in HopeKids...
And was especially touched when Jiadai affirmed me for my serving during the Holy Comm washing up... and very touched too when dear Shunrong shared abt how he looks up to me as a role model in the ushering ministry...

i was so grateful to God!!! but haha remembered Weizhu's caution whenever i'm affirmed... "Don't swell!" haha... he knows me very well... so immediately captured that thot and thought how much God has really shown me mercy and grace... because i really don't deserve to be affirmed... this verse just came to mind: "We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty." aMEN!

still, so very grateful to God how He chose me... i really am an unworthy servant... yet it's really by His grace that He used me to bless other bros and sisters... Lord, i really pray that You'll use Shunrong to be an even greater role model than i have been... like how You said to Your disciples, "You will do even greater things than [I have done]..."

i want to follow You, Jesus!

Mm! :) So sweet... haha... like Sijia would say, I'm dwelling in sweetness. LOL...

Feel quite paiseh actually... but grateful to Jesus! Lord, may all these affirmations become pointers to Your glory... hallowed be Thy name!

Because You know why? "I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me! The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME!!!"

Yeah! It's no longer i, but YOU who lives in me... show Your glory, Lord! Thru mortal jars of clay like us...

so thankful for Your grace to me... cannot stop thanking You for Your grace... to a sinner like me... how You blessed me when i cried out to You... asked You to help me become humble... and You blessed me... oh God! it is true! You oppose the proud, but give grace to the humble! God, You love the humble... please humble me when I get proud... so that I can always stay in Your grace... never to step outside Your grace thru my own pride... in Jesus' most precious name, amen.

No comments: