Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A (Pleasant) Surprise

My project mates just commented to me that I speak very loudly when discussing during lectures (which they said is a good thing), but speak very softly during project discussions - whispering even!

I was pretty surprised... hmm... I thought it was the other way around... :P Told them probably because lectures are indoors while project discussions are outdoor... so probably the acoustics lah.

But I guess heh, thank God, think it's a good thing in a way... personally, feel that it's better to be a bit too soft than too loud during group discussions... because I myself have experienced both types of people... and frankly, those who speak too loud come across to me as quite socially embarrassing... whereas it's more socially acceptable to be softer... just my thots...

Hmm... maybe it's bcos it's what my shepherd helped me realise last time... actually, if I don't have my hearing aids, I have to be conscious of my volume, because I will naturally tend to speak very very LOUDLY.

Ha, felt it's a pleasant surprise for me personally, because I want to grow in being more considerate of people around me - to speak at the right volume at the right time. :) Thank God for my shepherd and for my hearing aids. :)

No comments: