Thursday, September 28, 2006

Was talking with Claramae today about training up more ppl in the NUS MM ministry... we had a wonderful time of fellowship, and I'm very excited actually, about having the opportunity to leave a legacy behind in NUS...
Essentially, what she told me about how she sees the NUS MM ministry is that it plays a support role for the pastoral ministry. Somehow, God helped me personalise this aspect almost immediately, and I shared with her how exactly the NUS MM ministry can support the NUS pastoral ministry:

1. Impact - To leave an impact on the hearts of the audiences, to open up and prepare the way for the pastoral ministry's message
2. Involve - To help 'jio' ppl, invite for events e.g. church camps, etc...
3. Influence - To, in the longer term, influence the minds of the people and help them learn how to engage relevantly with the new media generation, AND R&D into new forms of media too.

Actually, just realised that Luke 3:4-6 is very relevant for the MM ministry. It can be divided up into three parts: Impact, Involve and Influence.
"A voice of one calling in the desert,
IMPACT:
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
INVOLVE:
Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
INFLUENCE:
And all mankind will see God's salvation.' "

And on a larger scale, this simply is a personalisation of the Uni District Vision.

Was really surprised by how these 3 words came out of my mouth exactly as I said them. It wasn't a case of me thinking first, then the words coming out... And the Bible passage just now... whoa! Is this God's anointing on me? Please, Lord, let it be!

It was the very moment that I was opening my mouth that these three words came out just like that, one by one.

She'll be asking Wenjiang more abt this, how this NUS MM ministry will fit into the bigger picture of the Tertiary MM ministry... till then, I await His calling... and His provision. I think it won't be easy - I have to come up with a training syllabus - but I have faith in God that this can be done. And we WILL make a lasting difference for Christ in the area of media in this generation - and beyond!

No comments: