Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Crying in my heart. Disappointed. Very disappointed.

God, I look up to You... You know that I stand here with broken glass on my hands.

You know that I will fail.

You know that I will mess things up.

You know everything that is about me.

And I'm so... disappointed again.

Why can't I be ... perfect?

Why must I struggle every day with disappointments?

Oh God. Will the sadness go on forever?

Will the night stay the same?

But I don't care. I'll get up, learn from this, and move on again.

Oh God. I'm falling down again. I can't stand this. Please help me up again.

Please.

I'm putting up my right hand to You... will You help me up, Jesus?

Yet I am with You always.
You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterwards You will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart,
and my portion forever.

In the presence of a Holy God
There's new meaning now to grace
You took all my sins upon Yourself
I can only stand amazed

And I cry Holy, Holy, Holy God
How awesome is Your name
And I cry Holy, Holy, Holy God
How majestic is Your reign over all the earth
And I am changed in the presence of a Holy God...

In the presence of a Holy God
All my crowns lie in the dust
You are righteous in Your judgements
You are faithful true and just

No comments: