Sunday, September 10, 2006

QT today - Psa 37

Something I really treasure about QT... after being very tired today, I took a nap, and after that, stared into the sky and the great beyond. Was actually procrastinating, quite reluctant to read the Bible. Why ah? Hmm, perhaps because I come into His presence with so little faith, not really believing that He will speak to me clearly when I read His Word. But thank God, He refreshed me after I finished reading Psa 37, being still and unrushed in His presence. Don't know how, I didn't experience any sudden insight or amazing revelation or see any angels, but I just somehow feel much more rested and renewed in my soul after reading His Word. And happier too! :D

Oh! I'm reminded again... which I keep on forgetting:
"The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul!" :) Psa 19

The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

Something that I'm reminded of too when I read His Word was that one reason why it's important to read His Word, even when we don't feel like it at times, is bcos His Word will help us refocus our tired eyes onto Him. Because He really is a sight for sore eyes! Like, if the verse that you're reading doesn't seem to make sense to you - and all of us have experienced that from time to time, no? :) - perhaps it's bcos our hearts aren't exactly in sync with His heart. So we must ask Him to open the eyes of our hearts so that we can see what He wants us to see. Then slowly, but surely, our blur eyes will start to focus clearly as we focus on what He wants us to see.

And what does He want us to see? I think sometimes He wants us to lift our eyes above our own problems and take a look at the big big world out there. Like the song goes,

"We lift up our eyes
Above the troubles
In our land and together
We stand to declare You as King
In times like these..."

As I was reading Psa 37, I think God impressed on my heart His heartbeat to see His Kingdom extended into areas where ungodly values have traditionally ruled. Like the yeast that Ps Jeff mentioned in the sermon on Saturday, His Kingdom is one that permeeeeeates! :) Yesterday I prayed (thanks Huanyan for praying for me!) and asked God to use me to be salt and light in my project groups + the media industry when I start working. And God knows how much need for really GOOD content the media industry needs nowadays [we're talking about really enjoyable and edifying content here!]. So find these verses very strengthening:

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Yup... =D God is good all the time! :D

No comments: