Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thank God for Hong Teck's SMS today! :) very timely... JUST as i was about to begin my group presentation on the anime cultural industry, he sent me an SMS to say "good morning n have a blessed day!"

it's a very small thing, but really so timely, bcos that came just after i had finished committing the day to God in prayer. :) so blessed!

hee hee...

and thank God for Kiaoping... oops sorry, Qiaoping... haha... her affirmation card to me really blessed me a lot! :) tk God for u sis, haha, really, u have blessed n taught me a lot through ur life, how u love God and love His people. as always, i'll remember what you said last time - "I really treasure my relationship with God." and your thankful spirit every time we meet up... it's something that never never never fails to warm my heart a lot! :) yup, looking fwd to serving God tog more in the adults ministry to come in future... greater days of walking with Jesus are to come! (even if it means walking on water...)

Another thing today... just something tt encouraged me.
Was struggling with something that almost half the people on the planet can identify with... the male gender, to be precise. :) well, by God's grace, i usually don't struggle with it, but this week, somehow i was especially vulnerable - maybe partly bcos i'm tired and sleepy, so found my eyes 'locking' onto pretty ladies for just a second longer.

it was very short, yeah, but i realised that i was going to fall in this area - lust can be a very subtle thing, really. so, as i was at the bus-stop in school, asked God to help me overcome this... was expecting Him in my heart to take away this temptation to 'lock-and-look'...

[btw somebody commented before abt something else, "Why push yourself so hard? You're just human after all." Hmm, yeah, well, that's very true! :) But i do want to please God, i want to bless His big heart, i want to keep my heart pure... and it's also about respecting the women whom Christ died for.]

so just as i was about to get up the bus, somehow i think God impressed on my heart why He didn't take away the feeling of temptation from me: it's bcos He wants to test the loyalty of my heart to Him - will i stay true to His commands even when i'm tired, sleepy and emotionally hungry? tt would be a test of my faithfulness to His love for me.

and i remembered this verse: "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (1 Cor 10:13)

haha... so thank God for His encouragement - learnt something new from Him today! :)

*******
ah, now sitting at HQ with Bo, Calyn, Sijia and Huili. Huili's in one of her insaner moods... sparks are flying out of her head!!! haha...

and she's staring at me even now as i type. muahahaa....

No comments: