Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Rainbow Division

Thanks a dozen Lord :)

I think the past 2 weeks has been emotionally very stumbling for me, blocking me from seeing all the sweet blessings that God has been pouring into my life - especially Zhiwei coming to know Christ, and the affirmations that I received from various brothers and sisters...

And even on the friendship aspect, I've really been very blessed by Peter and Huanyan. :) Like Qiaoping said, we're there to support one another. After Ruey Fong went over to Adults ministry, I was worried for a very short while whether I'd be able to find another friend whom I can be as close to as RF. But think my Daddy reminded me that He gave RF to me as a friend in response to my prayers, and He is very well able to meet all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. :)

And so on and so forth. There have been so many sweet things, but Satan knows my weak points - and God knows that I have MANY of them... so, think the enemy has been tempting me and discouraging me by working overtime on my weakness of having crushes easily, and being easily discouraged. (Ha, ironic, yeah? For someone who has the gift of encouragement, he gets very easily discouraged. But this only goes to show that this gift is clearly from God and not from me! :D Hallelujah!)

So during this time of spiritual victories, or "rainbow days" as John Ortberg puts it so well, the enemy will try his damned best to hinder and distract me from charging fully into the breach. I imagine myself like a soldier struggling to pick his way thru the barbed wires amidst the machine-gun fire. The bullets of discouragement, anxiety, worry, lust, fear, greed, jealously, rage, malice, sloth, slander... they are all so real. Honestly, I've really struggled with all these in the past 2 weeks. Ha... maybe that's one reason why I was so tired the past 2 weeks too. Maybe? :) But Jesus is So Faithful! Amen!

No wonder we must take up the shield of faith to extinguish all the flaming bullets of the evil one. To don the helmet of salvation to guard our minds, to keep our hearts right before God via the bulletproof vest of righteousness... to put on the boots of the gospel of peace... the belt of truth to hold all these pieces of armour tightly in place...

Ha, I'm just quoting Ephesians 6 in a modernized context, but hey, the principles are still the same. :)

But one thing I realised that I haven't done much in this spiritual battle is to take up the sword of the Spirit (aka the Word of God). I've been living on _subsistence_ rations of God's Word during the past 2 weeks. I never clean my spiritual rifle... I only kept a few verses in my magazine... God... no wonder I'm so crazy and downcast at times, helpless when the enemy attacks me with discouraging and negative thoughts.

But always, God is faithful. During those times when I felt I buay tahan, "my God cares too much to say / His mercies are new every day / I get down on my knees to pray / And help is on its way!" When I felt really suppressed and laid low by doubts, insecurity, fears, anger, rage, malice, bitterness, pride, etc... I prayed to God, sometimes praying in the Spirit when I don't know what to pray. Sort of like calling for artillery support... "Arty! Arty!!!" Except we say, "Jesus! Jesus!!!" :D Then the angels in heaven use their Holy "Haaa-llelujah" Grenades they have Up There to blow up Satan's devilish tactics Down Here to Kingdom Come. ;D

Cool! :D Haha... sorry if it sounds crazy, but hey, I'm pretty sure all these outlandish imageries are doctrinally sound. :) Anyway, RF gave me a good piece of advice last time... he told me that I have a very powerful imagination... so use it to think GOOD thoughts! Because the fact is, my imagination always tends to work overtime, so might as well use it to work something GOOD. Very true, since God gave me this imagination... :)

Romans 16:19 says!
Romans 16:19 says!
Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil
Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil

Chorus:
And the God of peace will soon crush Satan (AMEN!)
Yes, God will crush him underneath your feet (STOMP!)
And the God of peace will soon crush Satan (AMEN!)
Yes, God will crush him underneath your feet (STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!!!)


Thank God again! I remember just now that He has already forgiven me even before I confessed to Him what I have done wrong... wow... how great is His heart... He forgave me even before I had it in mind to ask Him for forgiveness... "They overcame [the devil] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." (Rev 12:11)

I'm so amazed by His love, His grace and His mercy. Truly, He is slow to anger, rich in mercy. AMEN!

So am encouraged by His Spirit! Thank God, the battle is fought, the lines are laid, and the victory is already ours in Christ! Like what Ps Jeff said, "We fight not for victory - we fight FROM victory!" So have made the decision to get out of this melancholy mood and self-pitying attitude, to roll up my sleeves and start serving God fully again! To minister to His people, take care of my sheep, and intercede for my CG... and to serve Him faithfully in my studies, family and ministry!

Let today be the day that the Rainbow Division goes full-thrust! Because tomorrow we are going to welcome and CELEBRATE the new brothers and sisters that God has blessed us with! Yes! Looking fwd to the D-N-A gathering tml... haha... :D

aLL the WAY FOR JESUS!

*******
PS: Oh, why the "Rainbow Division" in my title? Because there was really a "Rainbow Division" during the First World War. It was trained under the command of the American general Pershing, who ensured that only when his troops were fully trained did he send them into the trenches, unlike the 'meat-grinder' practices of other commanders. They achieved many victories in their battles, partly because of their excellent training... but why "Rainbow"? I dunno - I forgot. :P

And also, because of "Rainbow Days", like what I mentioned earlier, when everything really is going well - victories are in sight and God's face clearly is shining on you. That is a GIFT from God, not to be taken for granted.

And rainbows are a symbol of God's promise to Noah too...

And rainbows are just plain beautiful too. :)

No comments: