Monday, March 23, 2009

The Core of My Values


Ah. I also realise that now I have a much better idea of what some values I have grown to treasure in my heart over these years.
  • The value of missions to the nations.
  • The value of intercessory prayer.
  • The value of understanding and handling the Word of God correctly.
  • The value of making Christ the total Lord and absolute Centre of everything of my life.
  • The value of humility, of willing to be broken and to embrace brokenness.
  • The value of ministering to and discipling children.
  • The value of talking things over to resolve conflicts.
  • The value of the potential of conflicts to test and strengthen a relationship.
  • The value of sound discipleship.
  • The value of sound thinking and reasoning.
  • The value of seeking to understanding people better - not to judge the behaviours, but to understand the reasons for these behaviours.
  • The value of encouraging people, even the 'no-hope' ones.
  • The value of doing God's will more than personal comfort.
  • The value of being willing to go wherever God wants you to go, even if it means forsaking all that you hold so dear.
And think these are values that I would also very much look for in my future spouse. Hee.

But I also realised something else. What about the value of serving? fellowship (maybe it's implictly written there...)? friendship? unconditional love? grace? mercy? peacemaker? and all the other things that God wants? honour? courage? compassion? kindness?

And once again, I see just how short I fall of Christ's lovely holiness. Thank God for His mercy and grace even to a wretch like me.

Ultimately, Christ must be the Core of all my values. For Christ cannot be just a nice Concept to support my values; on the contrary, all my values are to be conformed to Christ's values... till Christ is fully formed in me.

No comments: