Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Embracing Being Misunderstood

I realised that I will have to accept the fact that there will always be people who will misunderstand me. Even Jesus Himself was misunderstood - including John the Baptist, the very one who had announced him as the Lamb of God earlier on: "Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?"

But what does it matter in the end? "Wisdom is proved right by her actions..."

Think I shouldn't let myself get so worried and distracted about these things. The more I worry about people misunderstanding me, the more insecure I become. And the more insecure I become, the more likely I am to misunderstand people. And the more I misunderstand others, the more I worry about others misunderstanding me.

Yeu Ann, why not just throw everything aside, and just focus on pleasing God?



I remember one dear brother, back in NUS times. We had a serious misunderstanding, and he was afraid of me. (And he had a very good reason - I was a real self-righteous prig then.)

But over time, as God changed my heart and attitude towards him... eventually he took the initiative to share with me more, and as he saw how God had changed my heart, he even asked me to do him a big favour. I was very touched and humbled by his humble heart.

Think he's one dear brother who really loves the Lord, and has gone through a lot of challenges in life, but he chose to seek God even more in the midst of all these difficulties. He's one of the brothers whom God has used to impact and influence my life in a significant way. :) And in a way, he's one of my heroes of the faith - those unsung, unseen, unspoken heroes who don't know that every struggling step they take is a resounding song of victory for the angels and the saints. =)

Dear bro, if you're reading this blog, you know who you are. And that's why you always see me smile whenever we meet up - for you always bring a smile to my heart. =D

No comments: