Friday, March 27, 2009

Ah! This person echoed exactly what has been on my mind for a while...
I was just reading a whole bunch of blogs this morning. Some blogs discuss trivial things, some discuss about day-to-day happenings, and then there are the bloggers whose passions just ooze out of every pore of their body that translates into everything the blog is about.

I like reading light things, but I love it when people are able to so readily share about what stirs them and makes them cry at night. Their convictions and core values are always so rippling, always so violently tugging at my heartstrings.

3 weeks ago I challenged my sheep to not look down and brush off the passions that God has quietly planted in their hearts. At the same time, I was saying this to my own spirit - don’t make what God put in your heart shy away! I’m not talking about frivolous things like “I want an iPhone”, I am talking about the small things that get us riled up with a righteous anger and the things that calm us down to a supernatural bliss that nothing in this world can.
That's why I believe in blogging - it's more than record-keeping - it's an avenue for me to voice out my convictions...
"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ."
Yah. Also we should voice out our convictions, because others will know what you really stand for.
Isaiah 58:1"Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people..."
I was thinking of what a dear friend wrote, that he/she didn't blog much, partly because he/she didn't want to put in meaningless ramblings into his/her blog.

But personally, I disagree... isn't that a case of "dividing the sacred from the secular"?

Why do we consider our ramblings to be meaningless? Is that a reflection of what we really are passionate about? I believe that every Christian should be more passionately vocal (be it written or spoken) about their faith in God too... (it's just my personal belief though...) Of course, we need to consider others' feelings, but I think sometimes we are too careful in sharing our true feelings for Christ - and as a result, start smothering and stifling the passion that belongs rightfully to Jesus Christ, Lord of all. The light would have been placed under a cover.

And ultimately, aren't we commanded to encourage each other daily? To consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds? Shouldn't we try to infect one another with contagious enthusiasm for the Gospel? If radical revolutionaries, committed Communists, etc... were so enthu about their beliefs - though their beliefs led to death and destruction... then shouldn't we be enthusiastic about the Gospel of everlasting peace? The Gospel of mercy? If we can't be enthusiastic about Jesus Christ to fellow Christians, then how, for Christ's sake, are we ever going to be enthusiastic about sharing the Gospel with the non-Christians? That's sheer ... hypocrisy! The salt would have lost its saltiness.

Cut us open, and you will see what bleeds out of us. Shouldn't every Christian be enthusiastic about Christ? If you cut us, shouldn't the Spirit of Christ bleed out of us?

By "bleeding" Christ, I don't mean yelling Hallelujah every other step we take. (That's... scary.)

No, no... rather, it's our natural passions transfigured and infused with the aroma of Christ.

That means, for example, if we are passionate about computers, we will be able to see the wonders of information - and how all these programming languages point to the mystery and the wonder of the Word that spoke the entire universe into existence. "In the beginning was the Word..."

Or if we delight in gardening, why not sing of how every flower is a rhapsody of joy to the Gardener?

Or if we exult in exotic equations, then why not delight in how every equation silently declares the sheer wisdom and intellect of God?

Or if we love to listen to music, why not delight in every beautiful melody that we listen to - knowing that they are only a tiny fragment of Heaven's melody?

Or if we delight in finances, why not be awed by the sheer richness of God's goodness - for He owes nobody anything, and the cattle on a thousand hills are His?

And so on and so forth. All these are simply very practical outcomes of that majestic proclamation of Christ's utter supremacy: "For by Him ALL THINGS were created... He is before ALL THINGS and in Him ALL THINGS hold together..."

I cannot accept the fact that we can harbour "meaningless" ramblings, if we are children of God. Impossible! How can a fresh spring spout salty water? Or a salty spring fresh? Bo ko leng!

Am blessed by Huaqiang's blog. Love to read his thoughts - for a cool and composed guy, he sure has passion bubbling for God underneath... =D Haha...

2 comments:

Weizhu said...

A fresh spring can spout salty water, because it isn't perfect.

I am a child of God, and I have godly convictions, aspirations, etc, but at the same time I realise I am far from holy. There is still that carnal bit in everyone of us.

Thus, we are able to output both the sacred and the profane. While it is more real to just 'be myself', I think there is a natural tendency to want to be more sacred than profane. Thereby, self-censorship.

yeu@nn said...

Wow! That's a good point... =)