Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Line


Read this from Weizhu's blog. Original image.

Traudl Junge, secretary to Hitler: "I was 22 and I didn't know anything about politics. It didn't interest me."

Very thought-provoking. Speaking up against injustices. A thought struck me here. Perhaps we should also speak up against injustices here too at home.

And perhaps we can take the initiative to also serve and help those around us.

A stirring reminder to look beyond our self-absorbed little worlds... to learn to see through the eyes of Jesus Christ.

I was wondering, what does the Bible tell us Christians to do, in the face of such blatant godlessness and injustices?

Oh! You know, this passage suddenly came to mind. Perhaps this is how we can make a warm and bright difference for the Lord in this cold, cruel world.
The Sheep and the Goats

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Gosh. Those who helped, and those who did not help.

The dids, and the did-nots.
The sheep, and the goats.

I just remembered. One sister in my CG was sick the other day. I merely SMSed her to ask her how she was. Maybe I could have called her instead.

Oh God, forgive me my horrible apathy and evil self-centredness, the ugly manure of my indifference and slime of apathy. I want to be with the sheep, not the goats.

Dear Father, please open my eyes big-big today... to see and help those in need today. In Jesus' name, amen.


I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Starting as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours

Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.

No comments: