Sunday, March 15, 2009

Came back from the HopeKids Ripple Conference. Whoa, deeply stirred in heart. Lots of great workshops. Very encouraged by what I hear Shunrong did for the powerpoints - using technology to multiply our limited manpower. =)

Lots of things I want to do for God.
I just feel a deep, deep aching burden to minister even more to the children. And yet I have so little time. And God knows I haven't given my very best to Him yet.

Just a few dreams I have in my heart for God:
  • HopeKids (online) library (for education + discipleship)
  • HopeKids board games club? (for outreach)
  • HopeKids video channel? (for developing the kids to do dramas themselves + make services cooler by producing more fun videos)
  • HopeKids online portal - I left it undone. :( need to buck up!
  • Inductive Bible study... (for personal growth in order to minister even more effectively... and also in growing in Christ)
  • Writers' Circle (first meeting due to start on 25 Mar, Wednesday)
  • Men's discipleship group
  • To start discipling one boy (think I'd love to take on the tougher one... it'll help me rely on God even more...) in the HopeKids CG.
  • Would like to take on the role of a CGL for HopeKids.
  • To see my (adults) CG grow stronger and deeper in their passion for God's Word...
  • Go on another missions trip to do community/missions work with disadvantaged children?
Gosh! Thank God for the blessing of being able to dream long-term dreams once again. Something that I lost back in the early days of my walk with God. But You came along, and re-sparked my heart and passion and first love for You, Lord Jesus.

Hmm. I'll need to come up with more concrete short-time objectives and plans. Some of these plans clearly can't be done simultaneously! So I need to start planning... with plenty of prayer, for unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain!

And to pray for more like-minded people... and to consult the HopeKids team too... 'cos something I learnt is that we must work together as a team. Everyone has their God-given strengths and talents.

Hmm. What is my personal vision statement? And what do I really hope to see for God in children's ministry? In HopeKids ministry? In life? On my tombstone? I need to write it down real soon.

Dear Father, this passion burns like a fire within me - Lord, please don't let this fire burn out. "Everything I am, for Your kingdom's cause / As I walk from earth into eternity."

Thank You for believing in me, even though I am so unworthy - less than the least of all God's people. Thank You, Father... You are the Great Dream-giver. You mercifully and graciously re-lit the fire in my heart again so many years ago... "A smouldering wick He will not snuff out..." Sigh. I have done so little for You, Lord... so, so, so little. 

Thank You too for the encouraging prophecies given by Peter Truong, Hong Teck and even Huaqiang... the one that said I am like a reed - very flexible... while easily indecisive and swayed back and forth... and yet very resilient...

The prophecies encourage me deeply, because these dreams are really so beyond me, that without You, they'll fail... You know me, my procrastination, my lack of thinking and so on... and yet You want to use even someone like me, though there's far more deserving people around. Whoa.

Thank You for believing in me, Daddy.

In Jesus' most wondrous name, aye-men.

No comments: