Friday, March 27, 2009

How To Balance?

Sigh. I am not doing enough. God knows. I need to manage my time much better so that I can do all the things that I want to do for God.

Like the HopeSem assignment. The coordination for the Writer's Circle. Planning for my sheep. Outreach ideas. DMM ideas. HopeKids ideas. Initiating for CG activities. Thinking about leading Bible study for CG. Intercession. How to help the CG grow in spiritual atmosphere, joy and vibrancy.

Ideas, ideas, ideas. God knows I have a lot of ideas. But I NEED TO IMPLEMENT THEM. I need to persevere to see them all done.

And there's the matter of prioritising them.
  • Should we focus on intercession first? Or Word of God? Or build up stronger bonding in the CG through activities? Meeting their needs? Is it possible to simultaneously coordinate all these at the same time? (Like combined-arms tactics...)
  • What about sub-district level? How can we think on a more strategic scale?
  • And what about balancing the personal calling with serving the corporate fellowship?
  • What about the grander picture? E.g. ministering to other people groups... society... etc... 
  • I'm thinking about whether to serve on the Nurture Programme committee... have been asked to write up publicity material. Gosh. Exciting stuff! Yet my heart longs to go and do even bigger things... *shakes head* must start with the small things first. God is able to multiply. But my worry is, can I balance all these things? How will they fit into God's calling for me to serve Him in children's ministry, and my burden for missions, and my desire to see my caregroup grow, and personal growth and development?
  • And my own desire to work in a career that better uses my strength in language and creativity... (but the teaching service in Singapore is soooooo much an administrative thing... and I don't want to do that kind of stuff!)
  • And been wanting to do some ... games programming too... just for fun! :)
Caregroup, Corporate fellowship, Character building, Community service, Career, Children's ministry...

Wah. How to balance? :)

No comments: