Monday, March 9, 2009

After service and lunch, I lingered around the church bookshop. Then I saw some of the kids playing in the Europe room. Then, one of the boys - he's Jonathan from HopeKids - saw me, and came over. He asked me, "I don't have water... do you have?"

Told him i'd get water for him. (think the Spirit prompted me to go buy water for him.)

So I did. Handed the bottle of water to him.

He was surprised. And looked up at me with big, big childlike eyes, and whispered in surprise, "You bought this for me?"

I smiled and replied, "Yes, I did." Then I added, "God loves you!"

He was very surprised - and thankful.

At that moment, I took the opportunity to explain him that I bought the water bottle for him, because the Lord Jesus himself said, "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

So told him, when I give the water to you, I'm giving it to the Lord Jesus himself too.

Wow. Think he really saw God's love through this little gift of cold water... wow...

Anyway, we chatted a bit more. He also asked me, "How come you didn't appear at children's service today?"

I told him, "Because this month, I'm not on duty. I'll be back next month."

He looked again at me with doe-like eyes, and blurted out, "Oh... so long ah?"

Wah, thank God. Felt so appreciated and encouraged when he blurted those words out. It's really such a joy to be able to bless a little child in Jesus' name. 'Cos when I do, I'm impacting not only a life - I'm impacting generations to come.

Then imagine. Our children and grandchildren'll be singing:
Lord You are good
And Your mercy endureth forever...
People from every nation and tongue
From generation to generation
We worship You, hallelujah
We worship You, for who You are...
Children! They are the future seed of the next generation to come! For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these! Aye-men and hallelujah!

No comments: