Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just feel a bit sad. I wish I'd gone back earlier today, instead of playing Left4Dead. Then I might have caught another rainbow today! :P

I think sometimes we miss a lot of God's blessings in life, simply because we settle for the fun man-made things instead of the pleasures that come from the hand of God.

Psalm 16:1
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Don't want to miss another rainbow again. So shall learn from this missed opportunity, to walk more in the ways of the Holy Spirit, than in the ways of my flesh! Amen!

**********
Just another thought. I realised just now that there are so many better writers than me out there, especially in the church. And yet God has graciously given me a headstart in stepping out into the world of publishing and media.

And I wonder why did He help me even though there are clearly so many more deserving people than me?

One reason I can think of is that perhaps God made this happen, so that He can encourage other brothers and sisters to try taking that step of faith to flex their God-given writing talents for Him in the marketplace.

That if even an untrained writer like me can do something like this for God, then how much more God can use their talents to bless the world of literature - and soften many, many young hearts and minds for the gospel of Jesus Christ!

So jiayou, brothers and sisters - if God has confirmed, in one way or another, that you have a talent for writing... then want to encourage you to ask Him to show you how He may use these talents of yours! And then just go forth and do it in His name!

**********
Another reflection: I need to remember that everything I have is not due to my own strength. I have been guilty of boasting in my own strength. I have secretly felt insecure and envious in my heart when I see more talented writers than me.

But no more of this! As it says in the Bible, "Let he who boast, boast in the Lord."

Hmm... I think maybe the Holy Spirit is impressing on my heart that I may not be called to be one of the most powerful or most talented writers, but perhaps He wants me to help encourage and disciple a new generation of strong and biblical writers/storytellers. Especially in Singapore, which is the Antioch of Asia... and a growing educational hub for the nations of the world.

So I am just a little stepping-stone for others to step upon, that others may be able to scale walls and strongholds for the Lord. But! I remember the Lord Jesus talked about the kernel of wheat. Unless it humbles itself and falls to the ground and dies, it remain only a seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

So was thinking that maybe God may want me to go forth about this time with a writer's circle... hopefully we can raise up a new generation of Christian story-tellers who desire to touch hearts and minds with words of faith, hope and love in these increasingly dark times.

And this would be our "anthem" of sorts... haha:
We've a story to tell to the nations
That shall turn their hearts to the light
A story of truth and mercy
A story of peace and light
A story of peace and light

Refrain:
For the darkness shall turn to dawning
And the dawning to noonday bright
And Christ's great kingdom shall come to earth
The Kingdom of love and light


We’ve a Savior to show to the nations,
Who the path of sorrow has trod,
That all of the world’s great peoples
Might come to the truth of God,
Might come to the truth of God.
Hee! I really don't know how things will turn out. But yeah, maybe God has other plans. I don't know... "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going."

But yeah, exciting! =) Must wait upon the Lord to see what He has in mind. Maybe tarry, maybe parry or maybe marry. (Ok, ok, I just put that last one in to rhyme... :P)

No comments: