Thursday, March 5, 2009

Romance of the True Kingdom

I'm currently reading through our church's Romantic Toolbox (yes, that is such a romantic name... haha!).

And as I read and reflected through it, I realised that I have some thought patterns.

E.g. if I see a sister I like, a thought that would tend to jump to mind is: "Is she the one for me?" And I would start seeing angels ascending and descending on her, to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus.

Unfortunately, that only hinders the healthy process of getting to know her better as a friend, first and foremost.

I have a natural tendency to rush into things I'm excited about. Be it DoTA, or be it love. And as a result, I get pwned. :P

Very interesting, and amusing, to learn all these things about myself - especially the silly parts of me. But with God's help and the church's help, I'll grow to be more mature in this area in time to come.

Till then, I've resolved, with some prayer, to change this thought tendency of mine. 'Cos I know how unreliable my interpretations, how fickle my feelings can be and how confused my choices can be. Thank God His love is not like mine - His love never ceases, never fails! 

To think about what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy. 'Cos I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be pleasing in my Papa's eyes.

'Cos I want to have the mind of Christ - not to think in my old ways anymore, but to think like Jesus would think... (I wonder at this point - did Jesus ever have a liking for any girl? I mean, he's 100% man as well you know...)

Yup and Aye-men!

No comments: