Friday, December 29, 2006

Went shopping with my dad yesterday. :) He had some free vouchers - wow! praise God, very timely, 'cos I need to buy stuff for working life. Hee... bought two bags and a nice belt (Pierre Cardin :)). Touched by my dad accompanying me, even though he was very tired, he didn't complain, but even paid the surplus for me... very touched by his love for me!

Hmm... today... was a beautiful day. :D The sun finally came out. You never really quite appreciate something until you miss it for a long time. (Which, in my case - or Singapore's case - was many days.)

So beautiful... was walking through the small park next to NUS MacDonald's when I saw the sun peeking through the trees and the dragonflies flying back and forth, and the beautiful flowers... I couldn't help but sing this very old song:

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all


*******
Hmm... just msged my CG whether they wanted to go out watch the fireworks at Marina Bay. Actually, feel quite shy to ask them. Dunno why - I'd really rather wait for others to ask me, than take the initiative to invite. But inspired by one bro who shared during CG, that he chose to see the brothers and sisters in church as friends, not just "church friends".

Realised that even after many years, I still tend to compartmentalize. But I know He's been changing my perspectives gradually over the years. God's very patient with me. :)

Well, see how it turns out... if not, I'll take it as a sign from God that I should spend this time catching up with a dear old friend of mine. Even though he seems far from believing in God, let alone becoming a Christian, I just want to thank God for his friendship - think it's really a blessing and a privilege to have him as a friend.

Or if he can't, well, I'll take it as a sign from God then that I should spend the time with my parents. :) Hee hee... but seriously, I think He wants me to spend the time with my family - I just feel this prompting in my heart...

Oops, I feel like Gideon, testing God to see what's His will... :P

No comments: