Sunday, December 10, 2006

My tooth was on fire again just now, after some food got stuck in its cavity. Thank God for the toothpick that was on hand. (Now you know why I've been recently asking for toothpicks regularly.) I have YET to see the dentist. The cavity is starting to look ugly. :(

Reflected - it's a sign of my tendency to procrastinate - a weakness of mine. Somehow I like to put things off till the last minute, and honestly, it's a daily battle to put to death this aspect of my character/personality. 'Cos it's not something that I'm proud of, and God doesn't want me to be like this.

Yet, I'm grateful to Him for His grace... somehow, He knows this weakness in my character - wonder if I'm those late-bloomer types. Probably... I only started learning to talk when I was 4 or 5 years old. Remember very clearly my trying to understand language, but everything sounded gibberish to me. Not sure if that's a form of aphasia or something like that? Then one miraculous day, I learnt to talk. And the floodgates of heaven opened. :) Haha...

He's saved my skin many many times. I struggle with a lot of things, and yet He's given me so much grace. People have been kinder to me than I deserve, even in Army, and I'm amazed, wondering why.

But, because of that love He has given me so freely, it compels me to want to push on, even when I fail and lose face, push on that little bit longer and harder for Him. Reminded of how Shuyi encouraged me to give my best for Jesus while we were running together in the marathon, and I was thinking about Jesus looking at me, and the T-shirt that I was wearing... just kept me going on, and pushing that little more.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. :) I checked my position in the 10km division for the Standard Chartered Marathon, and realised that I'm in the first 35% of the runners for that division. Hee, I'm quite encouraged actually, and it spurs me on to want to push harder for Jesus next time. :)

Oh yah, my tooth. Some day I'll get it pulled out. As of now, I'm brushing it extra. Intend to keep my tooth as long as possible. Sentimental value, my tooth - it's been part of me for a long time leh...

No comments: