Sunday, December 24, 2006

Quite tired today, but was very thankful after today's Christmas service. Really very thankful to God that the MM went well, and special thanks to my dear bros and sisters who affirmed me... feel very loved! :)

And thank God so much for Zhiwei, who blessed YF, Flince and me with a wonderful, wonderful carved wooden discs bearing our Chinese names. It's REALLY so very nice... ha, pity I don't have a camera on hand with me to take a photo of it.

Felt so touched that Zhiwei would labour so long to make these kind of gifts for us... Something that he said struck me a lot. He said, "I'm glad you like it very much. If you like it, that's an added bonus."

Wow... in a simple, off-the-cuff statement, I was reminded that in the end, it's the heart of wanting to give that really counts in Jesus' eyes. Better the poor widow who gave to God out of her poverty, than the rich men who gave out of their plenty.

Frankly, I'm not a good giver. I just don't find it natural to give, but something that the Bible encourages me is that God prefers a cheerful heart that gives cheerfully to a grudging heart that gives grudgingly. Give as much as your heart prompts you to give, and God, who loves a cheerful giver, will make all His grace abound to you! :D

No comments: