Sunday, December 10, 2006

December Days - the crossing-over II

Feeling quite melancholic at the moment, just thinking about the advice Shirley gave me regarding my transition to Adults ministry. Felt half-excited, half-sad. The advice is good, really good... :) really thank God for a wise sister like her! It really helped me narrow down my decisions. Tomorrow I'm meeting my shepherd. Shall share with him what I learnt yesterday, and see what he says. Then Claramae on Monday, and if possible, Alan Tea on Tuesday. I really need a lot of advice, because I really lack wisdom, but the Bible says in Proverbs 15:22 that "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."

Some of the things that Shirley shared with me struck me: "This will be a new phase of growth for you." and it's not healthy for me to stay too long in the NUS ministry, partly because the younger brothers and sisters are less likely to challenge me - which would stunt me from learning more things and growing. A learning spirit... how I really want to have a hungry spirit before God to learn and grow in understanding and wisdom.

It just struck me, while listening to the affirmations for Shirley and Claramae, that I could have chased them for more advice on many, many more things. Wasted opportunities to seize every learning opportunity! But, I shall not look back... for I'm grateful for the things that they have already told me before, and shall carry this hungry spirit to learn over to the Adults ministry, by God's grace.

Treasure every little seed of wisdom; seize every moment to learn something new everyday. There is always a treasure of wisdom and understanding if only we are discerning enough to keep a sharp eye out for opportunities to learn, especially with the Holy Spirit's help and guidance.

Proverbs 14:6 "The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning."

No comments: