Thursday, December 28, 2006

Seasons of the Soul

Hee... another reflection is also that resting is a much-needed phase. There are seasons in our walk with Jesus. Spring, summer, autumn and winter. Right now it feels like a winter in my soul, when everything seems cold. dark and gray. It's not one of my favourite seasons, hee.

After the intense ministry and outreach season recently, partly because of the ministry workload, and my own melancholy and physical tiredness and discouragement, I found it very hard to pray. Just reading the Bible, difficult already. And felt my insecurity coming back on again in heavy blasts. When fellowshipping is a chore and a struggle too.

So was trying to pray and sense God's presence. Quite hard, the past few days. But thank God so much, He exists and rewards those who earnestly seek Him. So gradually felt His presence fill and warm my heart again, especially today, this morning, like the gentle warmth of sunshine on a frosty winter morning.

The thing is, this didn't happen overnight... it took quite a while. Think it's like the aftermath of a marathon - after giving your all, you feel ultra-drained, and for the next few days, you're walking like an arthritic penguin. (right, HY? ;)) But hee, as Robert advised me, keep on walking, even during these times, and you'll recover faster.

So, haha, yeah, want to encourage all my dear brothers and sisters out there to keep on walking with God, especially after this intense ministry season, because He is the one who will restore your soul and make you new! :)

Hee... thank God for cold, rainy days of the soul... such days make you treasure the warmth of the Son like never before.

That, and a blessedly hot cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate. :)

With mmm-marshmallows!

Song of Solomon 2:11-13
11For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.


(Turtle???)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shared a nice comment but did not realize that it would be erased because I had not previously registered as a blogger. My soul is in a 10 year summer season and deep in drought. Pray for me

Anonymous said...

dear ljblc, really thanks for sharing w me ur prayer request. :) yes, just prayed for you... care to share more abt how u are feeling recently, bro/sis? :)