Monday, December 11, 2006

Just feel so burdened again in my heart for the younger bros and sisters. Some are doing well, others are not - but still, feel the ache, the longing to see them grow to be all they can be in Christ.

I wonder why I have this ache in the heart. I think I can identify with the apostle Paul and his friends when he wrote to the young church at Thessalonica:

As apostles of Christ we could have been a burden to you, but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us...

So when we could stand it no longer, we thought it best to be left by ourselves in Athens. ... For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent Timothy to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter might have tempted you and our efforts might have been useless.


Sigh... I really don't know how, Lord. My heart really wants to see the younger ones safely growing in the Word of God... taking root... enfolded into the fellowship... feel like crying for them. Just feel so deeply for them, Father... how big Your heart is for them. And my heart is so small, just a tiny tiny tiny grain of sand, as compared to Your heart, so BIG! For You so loved the world, that You gave Your one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

I wish I shared Your heart, Your burden for the lost. Lord, my heart is really not as big as Yours, but I know that as I continue walking with You, I pray that You'll open my eyes bigger and bigger to be like Yours... eyes of compassion, eyes of love. In Jesus' name, Father, I pray amen.

And remember my brothers and sisters! Help them grow stronger and more secure and more joyful in You too during the holidays! Thanks Lord! :D

No comments: