Friday, December 15, 2006

BTW had sent my personal journal to Peter - it's something I do so that he can know better what's going on in my life and thoughts - and he noticed that I was having another crush again.

Yup... that's me again. Hmm... but thank God for him, he gave me very good advice - don't get so fixed on your crush. There are also other people who need your care and concern too. So I asked him how do I manage my crushes, when I get them, and he shared this verse with me:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


Yes, well, I do feel this inner sigh in me again, when he told me that. But I don't care, I want to be patient and wait for God's perfect timing. :) He's carried me through SO many years of crushes, that I think a few more years isn't too much for Him to sustain me through! :)

Some ways that I manage my thought patterns and contents when I feel v emotional or negative or melancholic are:

1. Sing P&W songs to God... thank God that He's blessed me with an excellent memory for song lyrics, so I need to make much more use of this "MP3 player" that He's installed in my memory... hee hee!

I need to remember this too:
Ephesians 5:19-20
Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


2. Reflect on the good things He has done for me all this while.

3. Enjoy the present moment as a gift from God - one thing about me is that I can become very melancholic and self-absorbed even in the midst of a joyful time... so must discipline myself to be joyful, to celebrate, because the Lord is near! :D

4. Enjoy the company of my friends, family and brothers and sisters.

5. Think joyful thoughts too... noble thoughts... focus on Jesus, and the passion that He has for me... it's ALL ABOUT JESUS, REALLY!

6. Stick with joyful people too. Stay away from gloomy people. It's necessary...

7. Remember this verse:
Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."


Plus, there's an additional incentive too: I remember what Huanyan shared with me before: "If you want to bless others, sometimes the best way to bless them is simply have a joyful spirit!" I think that's very true... :) Thanks bro!

Yup yup... additional advice always welcome too!

No comments: