Friday, March 2, 2007

Today, wow, a very good day. :) Thank God! Met up with Huaqiang over lunch at MOS Burger at Toa Payoh. Very touched when he treated me. =) Had a good time chatting and getting to know one another better. :) Really enjoy the times spent together with this dear friend and bro in Christ!

*******
Then later, went to Career Fair 2007 at Suntec City. I'm sure you've read about it in the Recruit section of the Straits Times Classified. Thank God! He answered one of my prayers - to find a company that offers a media job - be it private or public or educational sector.

And surprisingly, it wasn't a media company (there were almost none there at the Career Fair, actually). It was a semiconductor company. They're looking for a media designer, and the position's so new that it's not even on the application form - you have to pen it in yourself. :P Go figure.

Hmm. I've submitted my resume. Hope I can get it. Still praying that God'll guide me to the best job that He has in mind for me. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Which reminds me. My dear cousin, Lena, msged me this beautiful quote this morning.
"Trust is knowing that God will allow into my life only the things that will be for my ultimate good."


Thank God for her! :D Hee, so blessed - it's the first time ever that someone from outside my immediate family kept in touch with me apart from Chinese New Year. :) Wow... isn't God so wonderful? Praise God for this breakthrough, by His amazing grace! And she's very encouraging too... I'm so very encouraged and inspired by her simple, sweet and childlike faith in God. :)

*******
Finally, met Jits and Hwee for dinner at Holland Village. We had a wonderful dinner at Crystal Jade restaurant. Chicken soup and 'la mian' (hand-pulled noodles) very nice. Then Hwee suggested going over to Haagen-Daaz for dessert. Coffee ice-cream, Belgian choc and green tea and banana-split, all very nice! :) Stuffed to the gills, we were.


Mmm... nice ice-cream~!

Funny ah, I earlier felt an inner prompting to ask the waitress on duty whether there were any birthday promotions, but didn't think much of it...

But turns out, when we had just finished the ice-cream and finished going to the loo, Jits and Hwee noticed the people at the table next to us getting a birthday slice of cake on the house. So since today (if you consider 1 Mar = 29 Feb) was Hwee's birthday, we decided to try asking the staff. And guess what?

The manager came over, and said that we had already eaten the ice-cream... but he'll give us a birthday discount! :D Wow! We were so blessed! :D Praise God for the wonderful staff at Haagen-Daaz Holland Village - very blessed by their warm and friendly service! :D

Haha... and then after that we had a touching time of sharing about our ministries and sheep... and J and H's bday wishes... very encouraged by what J and HC shared. Really, think we (as in everyone in the church) really should share more about our faith, hope and love, with one another - it really encourages and edifies everyone who hears it! :D

Actually, that's another prayer that God answered, that I prayed before we met up... that we might be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. =) Just like what Romans 1:11-12 says:
"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."


Wow... hey now that I type and share all this, I really feel God's pleasure on me. Wow, it's really good to tell others what the Lord has done for us. That's what Jesus told the ex-demoniac whom He cast out an entire battalion of demons ...
"The man from whom the demons had gone out begged to go with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying, 'Return home and tell how much God has done for you.' So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him."


Hee... oh yeah, one interesting thing I learnt abt Jits - her ears are incredibly sensitive to any songs that she knows. Halfway in the middle of a deep conversation, in the middle of a noisy cafe, she'll suddenly perk up and say, "Hey, that's (song title)!" and happily hum along, after which she'll return back to where she left off. Incredible... she's a walking iPod - the 40GB version. Haha...

Very refreshing time, I commented to Hwee after that. Thank God for that time of fellowship... =) hee, thank God for the precious friendships that we've formed in uni life... and praying that we can form even deeper ones with our dear bros and sisters in the Adults ministry! :D

Amen! :)

No comments: