Saturday, March 10, 2007

An entry from Calyn's blog... very encouraged and inspired! :)

I came across Calyn's latest post dated Friday, March 09, 2007, after Shuyi mentioned it. Whoa... I felt very touched and inspired by Calyn's post.

To be honest, I wish I could have her spirit that loves God so much. =) Hee, she reminds me of 1 Timothy 4:12:
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.


now my form of 'break' or when i need to refresh myself is thru the word of god. i m very excited, ve been discovering alot thru His word. No matter how many times i read the same passage or verse, it never fail to encourage me and give me new insights of application into my life and the char of god. hee... living with god and letting the holy spirit lead your life is indeed an exciting one. can't wait for prayer's meet later. hee... the last time i experience breakthru of faith (having faith in god). this time i go with the anticipation of experiencing god intimately and to hear from Him later. Cause being intimate with God is st my heart desire :)


I think I'm writing like this, because I really want to have this kind of heart, a heart that really eagerly desires God. I've been finding myself slacking, not just in my working attitude, but also in heart attitude. I really want a heart that looks up to Jesus, to His Word - and I don't want to care what the world thinks of me when I have this attitude.

Nah, I shouldn't compare myself with her - that's so much my natural tendency. On the contrary, I should be inspired by her heart attitude too - to follow her example as she follows the example of Christ, no matter how young or old she may be. God looks at the heart, always!

Hee. Don't be worried for me, friend... ups and downs will always happen in one's walk with God. These are one of the downer times, but I want to really thank God for these more difficult times, because during such times, when God's Word feels drier, when the walking is harder - and you're panting, and the days seem cloudier... God's love is always so true. :) I'm not ashamed to be a melancholic, for I know that He made me to feel for Him and think deeply of Him.

*******
Psalm 23: "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."

One of the most beautiful and beloved psalms, not just in the Bible, but a classic mentioned in many works of literature. My old shepherd told me that this psalm, written by David, was not written during his happy times. Instead, he wrote it when he was feeling very stressed and down, when he was in hiding from enemies who wanted to kill him.

And yet, he wrote,
"He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me besides still waters.
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake."


And he confidently spoke of his darkest nights:
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and staff, they comfort me."


And he looks ahead to a sure future, even with his enemies baying for his blood at this very moment:
"You prepare a table before me
In the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
All the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

No comments: