Thursday, March 22, 2007

Err... Remind Me Again, Just What is So Good About The "Good News" After All?

What makes the good news so good?

Hope.

Hope that one's life can really change for the better. Hope that there really is forgiveness for that dark unforgotten sin you've always kept hidden away from everyone else. Hope that you're not treading on the wrong path of life - the endless corporate ladder, etc., or that you're wasting your life on the wrong things.

And the good news is very fun and delightful too. :) For instance, discovering that you can do things that you'd never imagine you could do, not in this life, ever. But God is the God of impossible things.

"With man, this is impossible, but not with God - with God, all things are possible."

E.g. The lame WALK. The blind SEE. The deaf HEAR. The mute SHOUT. And I think, personally, something very sweet about those words that Jesus spoke to John the Baptist is that the impossible things that people could do were specific to their conditions. I mean, there are lame people who can see, and blind people who can speak.

I'm focusing on the experiential aspect of the good news here, because, well, the good news really is good news. :) Think one key reason why I sometimes feel obliged to share the good news is because we ourselves haven't realised just how GOOD the good news is. :)

Think then, what makes the good news so good is that, for those who have reached the end of the rope, exhausted every possible effort and finally found themselves helpless to help themselves out of the deep shit (yes, that word) that they're in... that is when they finally look up, and find the hand of Jesus extended to them, waiting for them to let Him pull them up from the quicksand they're in.

"Come unto me, all ye who are burdened, and I will give you rest."

Because I was lying on my bed, musing about past things that I'd wished I'd done but never did. Past regrets. But I realised that it's already over, and God wants me to look ahead and move on. Because He has better things in store for me.

E.g. the vocation that God has been impressing increasingly strongly on my heart over the past few years, and one especially wonderful "coincidence" that happened all because of a toothache... which I believe further serves to confirm that this path I'm starting on now is part of God's clear calling on my life.

That, and other "coincidences" - some very precisely timed, others more of gradually coming to pass, that I really believe that all these serve to make His calling increasingly clearer to my life. E.g. finding out about a social entrepreneurship forum just in time, which I'm also becoming increasingly interested in (for a higher purpose)...

When I see how all these things have been happening, I feel really so awed that God would bother to think about someone so small like me, and actually include me into His plans to make this world a better place. :)

So I'll dwell not on my glory or shame
But now I'll seek out His very name.
For now I know I'm no longer the same
But now I'll live out His very fame.

"You're the One Who made the heavens
You're the One Who shaped the earth
You're the One Who formed my heart
Long before my birth

I believe You'll always lead me
All my days have been ordained
All Your thoughts toward me are holy
Full of love and grace..."


:D

No comments: