Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Pursuit of Joyfulness :)


James 1:2-8 (NLT)
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.


Wow, I think God is reminding me of this truth again. I've been struggling with my portfolio, and the perfectionist edge in me is really steaming ahead full-time. Feeling quite stressed, because I know I have to send out more resumes.

Was asking God how come it seems that He's not giving me design ideas for the portfolio, and whether it's a wise idea to do this portfolio in the first place.

Think (I could be wrong here) He says it's ok, go ahead with the portfolio: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..."

But as to why He hasn't given me any really concrete ideas so far... I think, looking back at these experiences, maybe He's pushing me to think on my own, to build up my skills here. To develop perseverance in this area, even when the creative juices run dry. Because when I do research and read up on the other designers' ideas, I can learn from them, and that, I think, is what He has in mind - He wants me to learn from others, so that I will not become proud in my own strength, but to have this attitude of wanting to learn more from others.

I was very inspired after watching "Pursuit of Happyness". Watching the father struggle on to achieve his dream job (to get them out of poverty, I was very touched that he chose not to give up on his son, but took care of his son, telling him not to give up on his dream, even if his own father told him to do so.

I just wish they spent more time on the father-son aspect too. :)

So, and thinking about one sister (Emma) who's doing her best to finish her Masters amidst tiredness and physical stress, she still joyfully looks up to Jesus through it all. :) Wow! am inspired by her too.

So yup, let's keep going on for Jesus, because He never gave us on us... and let's DREAM SOMETHING WORTHY for God! And do it, no matter how difficult it is, or even if we can't finish it! Because Jesus never gave up the battle to save our souls... till that very moment on the cross, when He said, "It is completed."

Amen! :)

No comments: