Saturday, March 10, 2007

Boast in the Lord!

Oh, since I was so encouraged by Calyn's post, I just really want to share a testimony of God's goodness... especially since after today's wonderful prayer meeting, where I was so inspired by the lyrics of "I Will Boast".

Paul Baloche
I Will Boast (full lyrics)
Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom
Or the strong man boast in his strength
Let not the rich man boast in his riches
But let the humble come and give thanks
To the One who made us, the One who saved us

[Chorus:]
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy, He's worthy


Really felt very strengthed and renewed in my heart after worshipping the Lord, for I could sense His presence strongly in the midst of all the people. It's not just a good feeling; it is a biblical truth, because the Lord Jesus Himself said in Matthew 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

So it's a renewing process of some basic truths that I've learnt a long time ago: Relying on Jesus, for even the smallest things.

For instance, I was trying to do my design portfolio for the past 2 days. Was slaving over the portfolio yesterday, and when I stepped back to take a look, I just felt it wasn't very good. Ziwei also commented that the design could be much better.

So was praying, and telling God about this. Then He reminded me that ALL the best design works that I've ever done were when I turned to Him in prayer and asked Him for ideas and inspiration. And when I didn't rely on Him, trying to do it by my own strength and 'talent', my works all became quite average.

Hee. So the testimony is that I want to thank Him for the fresh idea that He gave me after I repented and prayed to Him.

Hee! And when I implemented the idea that came into my mind as I was praying, Ziwei came by and saw it, and said it looks much nicer now! :D Since Ziwei's a real gifted artist, that's really quite the compliment. Thanks a doz for your encouraging words, sis. =)

Oh yeah. Jits prayed for me earlier regarding the portfolio too. Another idea had come into my mind. It's a very nice idea. I still haven't implemented it yet though. But I do think that if I implement it, it'll really enhance the portfolio. :) Thanks a doz too for your prayer sis!

Reminds me of what Qiaoping had also prayed for me last year regarding another arts assignment. And also, at that time, a great idea came into my head when she prayed for me... and I implemented it, and hee, it's one of my most creative and best works so far - the lecturer was impressed! :)

God's the most creative person in the whole universe - so why shouldn't we ask Him for ideas? As a wise professor once said, "God creates. Man imitates."

Just like what Jesus Himself said twice, in John 14 and 15:
John 14:
"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

John 15:
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.


Yup... let's really look to Jesus in everything that we do, so that He can pour out His power into our lives, that we may live powerful lives for Him in EVERYTHING we say and do! :)

No comments: