Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hallelujah! :D I've finally implemented a good-looking portfolio... thank You so much Lord, for teaching me new things and strengthening me through these nights...

A reflection on these past experiences:
When God seems silent, even as you struggle along, and you look up to Him pleading for help...

Remember this, YA, that Jesus, our Emmanuel, is with you, even when He seems silent to your struggles. :) It could be that His very presence is His very answer to your struggles.

He never promised a life free of problems.
But He did promise to be with us always.


"I have learnt to be contented, whatever the situation, whether living in plenty or living in want... I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Amen. :) Thank You Daddy.

More reflections...
I think God humbled me through this time. I was so confident of my own talents and strength, that I swaggered into this project with self-confidence... only to get trashed by Flash.

When I saw all these talented designers on the net, and realised that my stuff really cannot compare to theirs, felt very dismayed and discouraged.

But thank God, that He humbles the proud... I think He spoke to me through my shepherd (who had suggested that I look at the samples of others' works) and Ziwei's feedback on my design. Think He impressed on my heart that I should be humble and learn from the more talented people rather than moan about my lack of talents and skills.

Wow. What a time of learning it was... I learnt (and re-learnt) a lot of important principles e.g. typography, principles of interactive design, colour theory, etc...

Wow... Think Proverbs can apply to my experience... "The mocker seeks for wisdom, but finds none. But knowledge comes easily to the discerning." I was subtly putting others' designs down in my heart, but God corrected me... and taught me to be humble and be willing to watch and learn from them.

Thank You Daddy! :)

No comments: