Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lord, I'm Stepping Out... Of My Comfort Zone...

Was feeling very, very tense... found it very hard to type the next resume. Because of my perfectionism, I really fear sending out an imperfect resume.

Was telling God that I really hate writing resumes... how I wish I didn't have to type any at all! How I wish I could stay in my comfort zone forever, and not have to risk being rejected in applying for jobs... that's why I really hate doing sales or cold calls...

Then had this longing to just listen to "Centre of My Life". And these lyrics really spoke what my heart needed to pray:

Lord I'm stepping out
From the comfort zone
Letting go of me,
Holding onto You

Freedom comes
When I call You Lord
You are Lord, my God


...

I have found Your peace
It replaces any fear
You have done it all
I can trust in you

So I'm stepping out
From the comfort zone
Letting go of me
Holding onto you...

Wow, really thank God so much for these lyrics and the music... just felt so much more peaceful, because I'm reminded that in the end, the outcome depends on God, even as I do my best...

So I'm stepping out
From the comfort zone
Letting go of me
Holding on to You...
Yes, I must focus on Jesus even as I step out of my comfort zone. For Freedom comes, when I call Him Lord... He is Lord, my God!
"Cast all thy cares on Him, for He careth for thee."
Amen! :)

No comments: