Sunday, March 18, 2007

Less Burdened

Oh. But thank God for precious things like these... while absent-mindedly browsing some quotes on the net, I came across this quote by Saint Augustine, a hedonist-turned-Christian, and it encouraged me very much:

I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden."
Saint Augustine


*******
Oh! I also want to share something that made me smile very much today.

I was videoing for HopeKids today, and there was this little girl with long lovely locks who saw me filming, and she asked me boldly, "Can I try too?"

Wow! "Ask and ye shall receive..."

So I let her try... and she really loved it! Wouldn't let go of the camera - I had to cajole her to let go. Then she ran eagerly over to me, and rested her head on my shoulder, peering curiously at what I was filming.

So sweet! One day if I have a daughter, it'll be nice to have one like her. :)

Learnt something in my observations:

In the Father's eyes
We all
whether young or old,
are simply so young before Him.

And touched by her boldness.
Reminded of Jesus' bold words
That this is the type
of bold faith
That boldly pleases
A bold God.

No comments: