Monday, March 12, 2007

What does it mean to Look Up To God?



Was sitting at my desk, and just pondering, after looking through some uplifting posts by some bros and sisters. Then this question came to mind - probably inspired in part by Ps Jeff's latest post.

I think, often, when you are feeling quite discouraged, one reason is because you tend to look inside yourself, and you find nothing much.

Just like what I heard in the quote during the sermon msg on Sunday, by Corrie Ten Boom, a wonderful sister from Holland who survived a Nazi concentration camp (she's in heaven now):
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed.
If you look within, you'll be depressed.
If you look at Christ, you'll be at rest."


Ah, I remember Shuyi also msgd me the above quote too. Very meaningful. Thanks a doz for your faithful encouragement, sis!

Hee! I realise something about the beauty of everyone. I'm so inspired when I think of my Jesus.

He really is the most wonderful person in the whole wide world. And though I haven't seen Him, I do love Him, and I'm filled with a joy that you can't measure enough, because I know that He's not only looking down at me from heaven... more than that, He's together with me even now as I type this blog.

Jesus gives me warmth, in the winter's cold
He gives me light, in the night's darkness
He cheers me on, when I am straggling so
He saves my soul, when I am getting lost
He encourages me, when I am no longer bold
He leads me on, when I am defeated
He rallys my soul.

:)

I'm not ashamed of my Lord Jesus. Even when I feel discouraged because I feel so unworthy at times, and when I'm trying to push myself on in being more disciplined (and fail), and when I don't get any replies for my job resumes, I know that He really is so good, and He cares for me. If He feeds the mynahs, the ravens and the sparrows, I know He will feed me too.

It was never about me or my own strength at all. It's ALL about Him, His goodness that overrides my badness; it's about His power made perfect in my weakness. That is what the Church is about, this is what living the transformed life is all about.

Somehow, and I'm speaking experientially, in the most practical aspect of the word, whenever I feel discouraged, I think of my Jesus, and I look up to Him, to His promise that He will be with us always, to the very end of the age... then I get my strength anew. :)

Ah, feel more encouraged now. =) C'mon YA, get up and move on!

No comments: